10. But I thought Wikipedia was free and for everybody.
9. Not my fault, my assistant/ghostwriter did it.
8. Umm. . .imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?
7. I did write footnotes and a bibliography, but all them ibids and op cits wouldn’t fit on the page.
6. See, I have a photographic memory, so I must’ve remembered the Wikipedia entry and thought it was mine.
5. No, that’s not plagiarism, I just ran a press release someone sent me. Verbatim.
4. I was testing you to see if you’d recognize the piece. Very good!
3. If twelve monkeys randomly pounding typewriters will eventually “write” the complete works of Shakespeare, why can’t I randomly type the Wikipedia thingy?
2. But everybody does it.
1. You don’t understand. I wrote that wiki, so it’s okay.
Bonus # 11. People read Wikipedia?!
Cutting and pasting your newspaper column out of Wikipedia entries: Evil (If you did it in school you would be expelled immediately, but in the real world you actually get rewarded!!) or Moronic (You couldn’t find a really obscure text to rip off?!)? Discuss.