Expect a surfeit of girls starting a wave at a concert or dressing like Lady Gaga. How unique. What about
1. Trying out as ball girls at the US Open. The little kids will probably kick your ass but it’s about working up the nerve to do it. If you make it we’ll pay you extra to “accidentally” kick certain players in the face as you retrieve their balls.
2. Spending a couple of weeks in the foreign country where the language you’ve been learning for years is spoken—and speaking only that.
3. Building a particle accelerator, armored exoskeleton, jetpack or other science project. Science high school students: You can get funding for your more outré ideas—without having to write a grant proposal, before you even publish in a peer-reviewed journal!
4. Self-publishing a book you and your best friend wrote.
5. Making a movie. P500,000 is the same amount as a Cinemalaya grant.
6. Starting a non-profit organization for literacy, safe water, or a cause you feel very strongly about.
7. Auditioning for spots with the Kirov, the Joffrey Ballet Theatre, Alvin Ailey or Martha Graham. For dancers naturally.
8. We would enroll in an Archaeology course then join an expedition. Always wanted to be Indiana Jones.
9. We would go to Space Camp!