Jessica and Budjette (He’s baaack! again!) shoot the breeze with writer-editor-filmmaker Pepe Diokno, winner of the Lion of the Future award for Best First Film (Engkuwentro) at the 2009 Venice Film Festival, and then nag him to cough up his second movie. With cameos by the back of George Clooney’s head, the whole Jeff Goldblum, and that guy who plays Ice-T’s partner in Law and Order. Plus: How to nearly get killed at a screening of E.T.
Episode 5: Talking Movies with Pepe Diokno is available here. Listen, download, subscribe via iTunes.
Thanks to Juan, Renmin, Manny, and JT’s Manukan!
1. Why did certain people cry while watching Deep Impact?
2. Where will Pepe shoot his next movie?
3. What movie did genius director Celso Ad Castillo call “his Citizen Kane”?
4. How did Pepe get a seat on the flight home despite being late?
5. What is Pepe’s theory on the decline of Filipino movie production from the 1990s to 2009?
6. Which Hollywood star does Budjette do a killer impression of?
7. Which Oscar winner did Pepe shake hands with?
8. What happened to Pepe in the year and a half after he won two trophies in Venice?
Correct answers qualify for the raffle for this
By the way, we mentioned that we’ve gone to film festivals as the director’s entire entourage, and in the nanosecond before we said “entourage” it occurred to us that we pronounce it in a French-y manner which sounds a bit pretentious so we experimented with a different pronunciation (ehn-tourazh) which just sounds weird. So back to ahn-tourazh.