Peter Finch as the very, very angry anchorman in Network. I’m guessing he tried GLOBE PREPAID TATTOO, THAT WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP.
Number of times I have taken up my concerns with Globe representatives: 2.
On Thursday morning at 1 am, I called the Globe helpline 211 and told a tech support person about the vanished load. He said to call back in 24 hours if the load still had not arrived. I said, Isn’t loading supposed to be instantaneous? He said, Yes, but there may be system maintenance going on in your area blablabla, call back in 24 hours.
On Friday at midnight I checked the balance on the GLOBE TATTOO PREPAID, THAT WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP. The load had not arrived. Rien nada nothing.
On Thursday afternoon smoke started coming out of my ears. To vent my rage I asked my friend who works at the ad agency handling the Globe account to have a Globe tech person call me. At 2.30 pm I got a call from a Globe rep who listened to the history of my GLOBE TATTOO PREPAID HELL. I tried to be polite, though I’m told that my polite voice is even more terrifying than my regular tone. The Globe rep said he had an idea what the cause of the problem was, but he would have to check his theory.
Exactly 24 hours have elapsed since that conversation, and no one has gotten back to me. Perhaps the Globe rep had to get skin grafts on his smoldering ear after that phone call.
Lest we be viewed as unreasonable, let us explain why we say GLOBE TATTOO PREPAID IS A WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP.
1. It works right after you have reloaded, well enough to make you think that the service will be fine from that moment on. However, as your load decreases, so does the speed, and when the load is down to half, the connection starts fluctuating rapidly from 15 kbps to 0 then 23 then 0 then 80 to 0 and so on, always going to zero. You cannot open a page with a connection like that, much less download a file.
I tried reloading by text even before the previous load ran out, and what do you know, the connection speed shot right up! GLOBE TATTOO PREPAID IS A WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP THAT EATS MONEY.
2. To my knowledge, the connection cost is P5 for 15 minutes. Often the connection fluctuates wildly within those 15 minutes, so you’re not really getting 15 minutes of service. And then the connection terminates itself before the 15 minutes are up! But it has already eaten your P5, because GLOBE TATTOO PREPAID IS A WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP THAT EATS MONEY.
3. Sometimes the connection is stable, and you manage to surf with relative ease for 30, even 44 minutes. At 44 minutes, 45 seconds, you hit Disconnect. But the unit takes a long time to disconnect, and when the timer stops it’s at 45 minutes, 2 seconds. Those two seconds cost the same as 15 minutes because GLOBE TATTOO PREPAID IS A WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP THAT EATS MONEY.
4. There are times when you cannot connect at all. Perhaps there is no Globe signal in my area. . .and I live in Makati! Oddly enough, my postpaid Globe mobile phone always works. Could it be that GLOBE TATTOO PREPAID IS A WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP BECAUSE IT IS PREPAID? Do prepaid users not deserve the same level of service as postpaid users, who after all make up a small portion of the user base?
5. I was unused to the ways of prepaid loading, so in September I bought a Globe prepaid load card in order to try it out. However the fine print on the card said it would only work with a Globe prepaid SIM. I was not in the mood to turn off my cellphone, replace the SIM, load it using the card, turn off the phone again, put my postpaid SIM back, turn the phone on, etc.
My sister has a prepaid Globe cellphone so I asked her to load the P100 into her phone, then text the load to me. Which she did. She got a confirmation text. The load send by text never made it to THE GLOBE TATTOO PREPAID, THAT WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP. Apparently, the ether ate it.
I’m just getting started. Jessica, don’t you have more exciting things to do than rant about a useless gadget that gyps the public? Yes, but this is easy because I write very fast. Unlike GLOBE TATTOO PREPAID, THAT WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP.
This entry was posted using Rockwell’s free wi-fi.