Our Philippine Eagle toy arrived yesterday in its own drawstring bag. It’s a good-looking bird.
- Hello, I am Jeffrey, short for Pithecophaga jefferyi.
- I’m Drogon! You’re a funny-looking creature. What are you?
- I’m a Philippine Eagle!
- What’s a Philippine Eagle?
- A giant forest raptor endemic to the Philippines.
- A raptor? Like in Jurassic Park?
- Well we are descended from dinosaurs.
- But you look like a bird.
- I am a bird. Did you know some dinosaurs had feathers?
- Do you taste like chicken? I love chicken! Can I eat you?
- No. You may not eat me. I am rare and critically endangered.
- Oh. Wanna play?
- When I grow up I’ll kick your ass.
- When I grow up I’ll have dragonfire.
- Eagles eat small mammals in the wild.
- We’re not in the wild.
Get your adorable Philippine Eagle stuffed toy at The Library of Babel today. Retail price: Php699 plus shipping to the known world. Your purchase helps fund the Philippine Eagle Foundation, which is dedicated to saving this endangered species and its rainforest habitat.
* * * * *
8. Dove yourself. Good skin and hair care doesn’t require huge expense; the trusted brand is available in supermarkets everywhere. We especially recommend it to people who get headaches or break out from strong (masangsang) scents. Go buy yourself a whole lot of Dove products—they’ll still fall under Basic Necessities.
9. Cheap date with yourself! Note: Cheap is bad only if your date is paying. If you’re paying, it’s great.
First, buy your favorite Oishi snacks.
Then curl up with Season 3 of BBC’s Sherlock. It’s not just a show, it’s leverage in negotiations with China. (Read Chinese Sherlock Fans Asked David Cameron to Make Producers Hurry Up.)
Baked Porky Popps, Holmes and Watson. Happy.
You can never have too many beautiful notebooks. To justify acquiring them, you’ll just have to write more. The Pantone Artist and Writer’s Notebook from Chronicle Books features a Pantone color chip on every page. Thick cardboard covers, perfect binding, smooth white paper. The notebook measures 7 x 9 inches and retails at Php897 at National Bookstores. (We have a book moratorium; we didn’t say anything about stationery hahahaha.)