Fourteen years after its final episode, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is still my favorite TV series and essential viewing in times of dread and distress (I’m watching it again).
My top 5 episodes:
1. Once More With Feeling (The Musical)
2. The Body (Joyce Summers died)
3. Hush (The one that was totally silent)
4. Becoming, parts 1 and 2 (Where she had to dispatch Angel)
5. Fool for Love (Spike-centric)
Trivia: The name Buffy Anne Summers paid homage to Scott Summers of the X-Men.
If Joss Whedon had retired after Buffy he would already be in our pantheon but he went on to do Firefly, Avengers, Much Ado About Nothing, and is nowhere near done yet.